Want to work and improve your earning potential? Then the Ticket to Work Program may be for you!
The Social Security Administration’s Ticket to Work Program is for individuals between the ages of 18-64 who are blind or have a disability, have a financial self-sufficiency goal, and receive Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). This is a voluntary program that increases the employment opportunities of Social Security’s Disability Beneficiaries and is provided at no cost to you.
As an approved Employment Network (EN) with the Social Security Administration, CareerSource Flagler Volusia (CareerSourceFV) is a proud partner of Ticket to Work, a program designed to assist job seekers with disabilities to increase their income and self-sufficiency. Through the support of career consultants and community partnerships with local businesses, colleges, and training programs, CareerSourceFV works with job seekers to help them develop customized plans to achieve their individual employment goals.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TICKET TO WORK PROGRAM
Watch this short video from the Social Security Administration to learn more about the Ticket to Work Program.
Through the Ticket to Work Program you can:
- Work and maintain your benefits
- Receive protection from the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) Continuing Disability Reviews (CDR)
- Determine if work is right for you. If you are unable to maintain employment, you can request an “Expedited Reinstatement” of benefits.
- Receive resume assistance
- Receive training and education
- Gain the satisfaction of competitive employment
- Gain access to other community resources to meet your needs
For more information about the Ticket to Work Program, visit: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/work